Toward the end of a recent discussion in social media I wrote:
- “The real issue is what you and I are doing about these atrocities today. Doing. Today.
- [A bro responded:] The question is: what can we do?
- [I replied:]
- Relationship 101.
- Time, effort. Prayer w. action to
- Protest, demonstrate
- Mt. 25 ground-up stuff (water, food, clothing, housing, medical care, incarceration visits/care)
- Legislation to those 6 ends re. justice “for the least of these” whoever they are in your neck of the woods
- Ground-up gut-level heart-check, off the couch, not endless memes, vid clips and debates in social media w/o practical loving our neighbor. Bearing witness in action not merely quoting scripture (as does the devil himself) but application.
- Book of ACTS, not concepts, not self-defense, castle-moat-personal kingdom nonsense.
- I’d say these could turn the world and the churches and the hearts of un/non/pre-believers upside down. Reflecting the words and example of Jesus knowing professing Christians and and those that are not will flak you for it.
- These are a start.
As always, thanks for stopping by. -Glenn